If you drawers are filled with tangled cables and you simply don’t know what goes with what, take a few moments to get them sorted now! One great way to do this is to use a plastic pocket organiser to hold your cables while not in use. You will always know where they are when you need them and you will also be able to see which cables are missing in action! Follow these 8 simple steps to setting up your cable sanctuary!
- Take one cable and untangle it.
- Determine what it belongs to (if uncertain, rubber band it up and place in a box called ‘No Idea Cables’
- Label the cable using your label maker
- Label a pocket in your organiser
- Place the labelled cable into the labelled pocket
- Repeat until all cables are labelled and pocketed!
- Go to ‘No Idea Cables’ and see if any of the mystery has been solved. If not leave unmatched cables in box until puzzle is solved,t then label and pocket it along with the others
- Use and replace cables as required
No more tangled cables, you will always know where your cables go and which ones are in use! Yipeeeeeeee
MaryAnne Bennie is Australia’s organising guru, creator of the Paper Flow® and in8®steps systems, author of Paper Flow (with Brigitte Hinneberg) and From Stuffed to Sorted, professional organiser trainer and engaging speaker.
Feel free to share this post in full including authorship and credits.
Join our community on facebook:
Copyright© MaryAnne Bennie 2012
in8 and Paper Flow are registered trademarks